Tuesday, November 7, 2006

It’s all in the Details…

Model wearing Laurel Wells Spring 2006 collection.
Left to Right: Fan Pleat Top, $195.00; Ruffle Skirt, $165.00; Jacket from a selection all available at www.laurelwells.com

It’s amazing the things you’ll come across on the net. I originally typed the word “vintage finds” into the Google search engine and eventually found my way to this unique designer. Laurel Wells, or Laurie Loo as her mom calls her, learnt to sew as a kid and now owns a burgeoning label sold in over 10 boutiques across the country. Makes me think that I really need to learn how to sew. My mom is a great seamstress so there’s so no excuse!… In the meantime I’ll live vicariously through Laurel and her incredible designs – I love the detailing in her clothes especially the pleats. Visit www.laurelwells.com to browse through her latest collection and to see find a local stockist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...