Friday, May 8, 2009

Zoe Saldana Covers Latina...

Zoe Saldana is on a non-stop publicity tour for her upcoming movie Star Trek and she made a quick pit stop on the cover of Latina magazine. The online version of Latina is pretty good. I encourage all to check it out here. For snippets of Zoe's interview read below...

ON HER OWN SEXY CONFIDENCE: “Look at me. I’m skinny, I have a big nose, no tits and no ass, but in a room full of beautiful women, I would still leave with the most gorgeous guy.”

ON SHOOTING STEAMY SEX SCENES WITH STAR TREK CO-STAR CHRIS PINE: “There’s nothing sexual about shooting a sex scene, you must know!” she says. “You are sweating your ass off under the lights, or you’re freezing. You’re hungry, or you’re bloated and gassy because they had pizza on the set that day.”

ON HER DREAMS OF WINNING AN OSCAR: “You know that cover that Kate Winslet did for Vanity Fair recently, where she said, ‘You bet your ass I want that Oscar’?” Saldana asks. “Well, it’s the same with me. I’m not going to be like, ‘I just want to be known for my work.’ No, I want that golden statue on my shelf. Whether it happens or not, it will not determine the kind of substance that I feel I contributed. But I want it… Shoot for the stars and I’ll settle for a cloud.”

ON AVOIDING A HOLLYWOOD EGO: “You’ll never see me shopping on Robertson Boulevard or hanging out in super-public spaces like that. I’m fiercely territorial about my privacy. And I cannot follow a crowd,” she says. “I never want to get to the point where I’m walking a red carpet thinking, ‘I’m fabulous.’ At times, Hollywood is going to get the best of you, and you will wake up feeling overconfident. But I have too many people that keep me in check if I fail to do so myself.”

The issue will be out in June/July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...