Monday, February 4, 2008

Rachel Roy Fall 2008

I don’t know ladies. Rachel Roy’s collections usually have me tickled but I wasn’t sure where her and her team were going with this one. The theme was clearly Native-Americans meet your colonial incarcerators! Slightly odd. While I applaud the use of different textures from tweed to satin, I’m confused by some of the silhouettes namely look 10, 14 and 17. I do however love look number 4 (pictured right). Everything from the color, to the proportion of the dress is perfect. I also love the accessories she used for each piece, they added nice touches to the entire collection. All in all I appreciate where Rachel Roy was trying to achieve but it wasn’t always successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...