Sunday, August 12, 2007

I Like Her Style!: Chanel Iman



You’d have to be buried under a rock somewhere to not of heard of emerging model and icon-in-the-making, Chanel Iman. Born Chanel Iman Robinson, this young Californian native was discovered after winning runner up in the Ford Supermodel of the World Contest. Since then it’s been full steam ahead. Iman, who is of African-American/Korean heritage, has walked the runway for prestigious designers such as Dolce & Gabbana, Kenzo, Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney, Valentino, Bottega Veneta, Dsquared, Hermès, Moschino, Oscar de la Renta, Christian Dior Resort and Jean Paul Gaultier. Not a bad resume for an eighteen year old. And if things weren’t good enough, she recently scored the cover of American Vogue (May 2007) with nine other top models. Iman says:

"I want to go all the way. My goal is to be a household name, and when I do that, I want to help other girls become models, and maybe even launch a fashion line with my mom, like Beyoncé did with her mother. My mom has such a good eye, and it's always been a dream of hers. I'd love to be able to do that for her." [Source]

Watch the clip above of Iman talking about her career highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...